Effective Date: January 1, 2022
KINDRED Thriving (ABN 60493560548) is committed to providing quality services to you and this policy outlines our ongoing obligations to you in respect of how we manage your Personal Information. All references to “We”, “Us” and “Our” are taken to mean Kindred Thriving.
We have adopted the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the Privacy Act). The NPPs govern the way in which we collect, use, disclose, store, secure and dispose of your Personal Information. A copy of the Australian Privacy Principles may be obtained from the website of The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.aoic.gov.au
The Policy applies to our website kindredthriving.com, social media platforms [Instagram, LinkedIn] operated by Susannah Kindred, and to the products and services provided by us in-person and online.
1. Information We Collect
When you visit our website, our servers may automatically log the standard data provided by your web browser. It may include your computer’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, your browser type and version, the pages you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on each page, and other details.
We may also collect data about the device you’re using to access our website. This data may include the device type, operating system, unique device identifiers, device settings, and geo-location data, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data. What we collect can depend on the individual settings of your device and software. We recommend checking the policies of your device manufacturer or software provider to learn what information they make available to us.
Your personal information may include:
- Phone number
- Company name
- Payment information
- Other information voluntarily provided by you
We may collect additional personal Data at other times, including but not limited to, when you provide feedback, when you provide information about your personal or business affairs, change your contact or email preference, respond to surveys and/or promotions, or communicate with us in any other way.
2. Legal Bases for Processing
We will process your personal information lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner. We collect and process information about you only where we have legal basis for doing so. The legal basis depends on the services you use and how you use them, meaning we collect and use your information only where:
- It’s necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request before entering into such a contract (for example, when we provide a service you request from us);
- It satisfies a legitimate interest (which is not overridden by your data protection interests), such as for research and development, to market and promote our services, and to protect our legal rights and interests;
- You give us consent to do so for a specific purpose (for example, you might consent to us sending you our newsletter); or
- We need to process your data to comply with a legal obligation.
Where you consent to our use of information about you for a specific purpose, you have the right to change your mind at any time (but this will not affect any processing that has already taken place).
We do not keep personal information for longer than is necessary. While we retain this information, we will protect it within commercially acceptable means to prevent loss and theft, as well as unauthorised access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
We are committed to ensuring that your Data is secure. We will take reasonable steps to protect your Data from misuse, loss, unauthorised access and modification or disclosure. We use commercially reasonable physical, technical and administrative measures to protect Data that we hold, including, where appropriate, password protection, encryption and SSL to protect our website.
That said, we advise that no method of electronic transmission or storage is 100% secure and cannot guarantee absolute data security. The transmission and exchange of information is carried out at your own risk.If necessary, we may retain your personal information for our compliance with a legal obligation or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person.
You are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any passwords and other account information pertaining to our Platform, apps or services.
3. Collection & Use of Information
We may collect, hold, use and disclose information for the following purposes and personal information will not be further processed in a manner that is incompatible with these purposes:
- To enable you to customise or personalise your experience of our website;
- To enable you to access and use our website, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- To improve our products and services and better understand your needs;
- To provide you with information and updates on our services, additional products, or opportunities available to you.
- To contact and communicate with you;
- For internal record keeping and administrative purposes;
- For analytics, market research and business development, including to operate and improve our website, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- For advertising and marketing, including to send you promotional information about our products and services and information about third parties that we consider may be of interest to you; and
- To comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have.
4. Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
We may disclose personal information to:
- Third party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services, including (without limitation) IT service providers, data storage, hosting and server providers, ad networks, analytics, error loggers, debt collectors, maintenance or problem-solving providers, marketing or advertising providers, professional advisors and payment systems operators. Personal Information is only supplied to a third party when it is required for the delivery of our services;
- Third party sponsors or promoters of any competition we run where you consent to the use or disclosure; and
- Third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who assist us in providing information, products, services or direct marketing to you.
- We may from time to time need to disclose Your Data to comply with a legal requirement, such as a law, regulation, court order, subpoena, warrant, in the course of a legal proceeding or in response to a law enforcement agency request.
5. International Transfers of Personal Information
The personal information we collect is stored and processed in Australia, or where we or our partners, affiliates and third-party providers maintain facilities. By providing us with your personal information, you consent to the disclosure to these overseas third parties.
We will ensure that any transfer of personal information from countries in the European Economic Area (EEA) to countries outside the EEA will be protected by appropriate safeguards, for example by using standard data protection clauses approved by the European Commission, or the use of binding corporate rules or other legally accepted means.
Where we transfer personal information from a non-EEA country to another country, you acknowledge that third parties in other jurisdictions may not be subject to similar data protection laws to the ones in our jurisdiction. There are risks if any such third party engages in any act or practice that would contravene the data privacy laws in our jurisdiction and this might mean that you will not be able to seek redress under our jurisdiction’s privacy laws.
6. Your Rights & Controlling Your Personal Information
Restrict: You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us using the footer link below. If you ask us to restrict or limit how we process your personal information, we will let you know how the restriction affects your use of our website or products and services.
Access and Data Portability: You may request details of the personal information that we hold about you in accordance with the provisions of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). A small administrative fee may be payable for the provision of your Data. If you would like a copy of your Data which we hold about you or believe that any of your Data we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please email us at email@example.com. Where possible, we will provide this information in CSV format or other easily readable machine format. You may request that we erase the personal information we hold about you at any time. You may also request that we transfer this personal information to another third party.
Correction: If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us using the footer link below. We will take reasonable steps to correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or out of date.
Notification of Data Breaches: We will comply laws applicable to us in respect of any data breach.
Complaints: If you believe that we have breached a relevant data protection law and wish to make a complaint, please contact us using the footer link below and provide us with full details of the alleged breach. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take to deal with your complaint. You also have the right to contact a regulatory body or data protection authority in relation to your complaint.
Unsubscribe: To unsubscribe from our e-mail database or opt-out of communications (including marketing communications), please contact us using the footer link below or opt-out using the opt-out facilities provided in the communication. Please note that it may take up to 7 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt-out of receiving emails or promotions from us, we still may send you emails about your account, any services you have requested or received from us, or for other customer service purposes.
8. Business Transfers
If there is a change of control in our business or a sale or transfer of business assets, or in the unlikely event that we go out of business, we reserve the right to transfer, to the extent permissible at law, our user databases together with any Personal Information, Sensitive Information and non-personal information contained in those databases. This information may be disclosed to a potential purchaser under an agreement to maintain confidentiality. We would seek to only disclose information in good faith and where required by any of the above circumstances.
You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any parties who acquire us may continue to use your personal information according to this policy.
9. Limits of Our Policy
Our website may link to external sites that are not operated by us. Please be aware that we have no control over the content and policies of those sites, and cannot accept responsibility or liability for their respective privacy practices.
10. Changes to This Policy
Your continued use of this site after any changes to this policy will be regarded as acceptance of our practices around privacy and personal information.
1.19, 32 Delhi Road, North Ryde NSW 2113.